Thursday, March 06, 2008

Baby it's cold outside

Wednesday night in Rochester, NY. Flying in this afternoon by a little prop plane was fun. Looking down l could see a host of coloured wooden houses standing out against a lovely white blanket of snow. Then the turbulence hit and we wobbled down to land on an icy looking runway. Scary stuff!!!

High Falls, Rochester, NY
It's freezing here. I'm sure there are some nice areas nearby, but Downtown is pretty deserted and grim, so I'm getting an early night. My hotel seems to be catering for a convention of teenage Christian do-gooders - they are all smiling all the time, it's very creepy... Thursday, weather permitting, I hope to take a walk along the Genesee River before meeting up with my Italian contact who, fingers crossed, will have a spare Springsteen ticket for me. Hmmm, I'd better cross my toes as well...

[Ooo, I've just noticed that this is my 500th post on this blog! To celebrate this milestone of insignificance I will giveaway a free, brand new, Helen Love CD to the first person who can tell me 1) the total number of Springsteen shows I will have seen (ever) by time I leave Rochester on Friday, and 2) the name of the first album I bought by Bill Nelson]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like a challenge (and a freebie)!

1) Far too many - 69 ?

2) Quit Dreaming And Get On The Beam

Anonymous said...

1) I don't believe you've ever seen Bruce at all

2) Northern Dream

weirdcritter said...

Prize giveaway closed.
It's 2:20am. The hotel bar has shut, I'm merry and all I've got to say is 'Rosalita'!!!