Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Irresistible and enigmatic"

Back from my hols, with a new job and my PC muthafuddaboard temporarily coming back to life - I guess I've got no excuse not to continue on with this blog... So much rubbish to write, so little time and so few readers... Hell, here's a 15 second run through to bring things up to date since my last post:

Start new job. Take a well earned holiday! Jump on a plane - > Austin - "Don't Mess With Texas"/ Millions of bats/ Fantastic Fest: The Tingler!/ Estomago/ The Good The Bad And The Weird/ Austin City Limits: David Byrne/ Bobby Bare Jr (twice!)/ John Fogerty/ CSS/ Gnarls Barclay/ Beck and The Foo Fighters -> Dallas: 'JFK blown away'/ Longhorns -> NYC - Happily drunk in a Brooklyn bar watching Biden vs Palin/ Up close in Jesse Malin's intimate new Bowery club whilst his 'spoken word' + songs concert goes on and on and on for the cameras.../ -> Back to Blighty. Back to work :-(

Sigh, the clocks go back soon. Darkness and the recession are coming. Nothing much to look forward to now except Christmas... Hold on a minute, there's Nelsonica 2008 in York on November 1st - better than Christmas for Bill Nelson fans! Yay!


Bill Nelson - Mr Magnetism Himself
(1979 b-side) New video by YooToober 'Zobiemoro'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing much to look forward to?

You've still got Ben Folds at Shepherds Bush (Whoopee Doo, I hear you cry!) and Light of Day in Putney.

There's also Malin/Marah at the Water Rats (if you're interested, let me know), The Hold Steady at the Roundhouse, not to mention the traditional Saw Doctors Xmas gig too (tickets still appear to be available for this too).

weirdcritter said...

Ah yes of course, Light Of Day in Putney...

"Well I'm a little down under,
but I'm feeling O.K.
I got a little lost along the way

I'm just around the corner to the light of day
"